Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Inspired: Korean Drama

Some of you may or may not, most likely may, know that I am absolutely obsessed with Korean dramas. Aside from the romantic almost fairy-tale like story lines, I love the looks used on the female actresses. For the majority of the time the looks are very flattering and natural looking, which is exactly why I love them so much. This particular look was inspired by the second season of the drama Dream High and it's of the character portrayed by Park Jiyeon otherwise known as Rian/Lian.

Before I move on, you can also check out another fellow blogger's version of this look UrHappyBunnie...she also loves Korean Dramas so why not just mosey on over to her page :)

Back to Rian haha her makeup, for me at least, is very appropriate for everyday wear. Though her eyeliner may seem a little intense, it really isn't. Also, notice that she doesn't wear any blush and her lips are very natural looking...they kind of looked stained I can't quite put my finger on it. Regardless, I really like her look and style in the drama even though I kind of hate her character :D






And here's my take on it....











Products used:

Eyes: 
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC blacktrack [tip: don't apply the liner above your crease, you basically want to follow the line of the crease & your eye shape]
Revlon Matte Eyeshadow in Rich Sable (used to transition the black to the lid color & to soften the liner)
MAC Eyeshadow in All That Glitters (main lid color)
Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Virgin (inner eye highlight - but when I took the pictures it already started to fade whoops!)
Bottom lashes: D.J.V. Fiberwig
Upper lashes: Mabelline Define-A-Lash (waterproof)
YSL 1 Dessin Du Regard Eyeliner (waterproof) [tip: line only the outer-half of your waterline]

Face:
L'oreal Visible Lift Foundation in Nude Biege
MAC Select Sheer Powder in NC30
Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for giving me a shout out. :) I love your look too! I really like Jiyeon and how she portrays Rian. She's so perfect for the role.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! :)
      She's sooo good at playing Rian! My little sister and I were talking about it and we both agreed that she must be amazing to make us hate her so much ahah!

      Delete