Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February Hits & Misses

My goodness, February is always such a short and sweet month. Didn't really get too many things this time around considering my "makeup strike" still being in affect. Before I get into anything, I want to apologize if this post is less than pleasing because I did write and put it together rather quickly. Now, let's just move on to the hits shall we?

Hits:


Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Peach Satin - I may be one of very few people to actually enjoy the dream bouncy blushes. I only have one, but upon first usage I truly enjoyed the effect it gave. It's not crazy pigmented that much is true, but it does leave a nice staining/natural effect on the cheeks, which is a look I personally like. I know that each color differs so many of my opinions will be based off of the one color I have. When I put this on my cheek, it actually looked like I was blushing, but not so much in a way that it made me look like pikachu. That would be kind of disgusting. The lasting power is quite long to be quite honest, but then again I did set it with a translucent powder. In case you were wondering I applied it this morning at 9:15ish...it is now 4:30PM and it's still very much intact.





Maybelline Define-a-Lash mascara [waterproof] - This isn't a new product to me. I've actually been using this since my junior year in high school when one of my classmates was totally raving about it in my math class, pulled it out of her backpack and everything. Funny thing is, I wasn't even remotely interested in makeup in high school, but felt the need to try it. I have yet to find a better mascara than this one. It holds my curl and lengthens like crazy. It is a bit difficult to get off, but I think it just requires a good makeup remover.





Which brings me to my next hit, Mitsuwa Face Cleanser/Makeup Remover. I apologize, I wish I could give a name, but it's written in Japanese and well...I'm not Japanese haha. Anyway, I have been on the hunt to find a new cleanser that can remove ALL of my makeup especially my mascara, this baby does the trick. It comes with a pump, which is very useful. It claims to brighten the face, but I haven't seen any effects of a brighter face. Also, there are 2 other versions of this, which are anti-wrinkling and moisturizing obviously I opted for the brightening. My only gripe is that it does run out rather quickly. I've had it for a couple weeks and I've pretty much used 1/3 of the product.




MAC Innocence Beware! & Viva Glam Nicki lipstick - please read review here

Tarte Limited Edition Quilted Makeup Bag - The love I have for this bag. It's purple, quilted, and just the right size. My family and I travel rather frequently and my makeup is always traveling with me. I have a caboodle case, but it is rather large to carry around. I wanted something a bit more compact and big enough to carry my essentials. My go to palette to bring on vacations is none other than the Naked palette. Imagine my excitement when I discovered this bag was the exact size of my palette with room to spare for many other things. I just love it!

Misses:


MAC Fleshpot lipstick - please read review here

No comments:

Post a Comment